varne: "the best second
hand boat you've never heard of"
"beautifully balanced, close-winded
and with a motion that could rock you to sleep, she
was clearly designed for the
kind of weather
most people try to avoid"
PBO Feb 2000 (issue 398)
"... a sweet handler
with the sort of directional stability I would
expect from a long keeled design ... not a fussy
boat to sail... partly due to her balance"
Yachting Monthly Nov 1974
responsive, well mannered and enjoys being sailed
... I urge you to try her"
PBO November 1977
Formed in 2005, the Varne Owners Association's
- to help keep owners in touch
- to provide a forum for members to share information
- to be a source of useful information
- to provide a news bulletin for members
- to publish a 'classified'
members sales/wanted section